Sunday, December 30, 2007

Icelandic food is cool or at least a bit disgusting

Icelandic food is in fact world class good.
This goes for the better home cooked food and when you visit upscale restaurants.

Icelandic low end and mediocre restaurant food is a different story, and the traditional food is still another thing.

Raw rotten shark, steamed fermented stingray, sheeps balls, feet of sheep in lactic acid, boiled half head of lamb, steamed fish with potatoes and fermented fat of lamb are some of the highlights.

This has lately been recognised by the outer world. Anthony Bourdain has been to many places, but judges Icelandic food to be the most discusting in the world. I find that quite cool.

See Anthony Bourdain meeting Icelandic cuisine here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Icelandic food is absolutely awesome. I miss it a lot. Wanted to also add that I have never been to a cake party that comes even close to the Icelandic ones. The best parties in Vancouver I go to are, for instance, the ones to the homes of Icelandic people. Smurbrauðstertur, rjómatertur, sörur, salöt... all this...yep, none comes close to us in that. My ex-Canadian boyfriend thought he had died and gone to heaven when I took him to my great aunt's 90th birthday some years ago north of Akureyri. There was a ten meter long table loaded with goodies!